At Appraisd our core business is our dedicated performance management platform which helps companies execute their strategic goals and retain key talent. Developing and implementing great technology is our bread and butter. But at the same time, we know most employees and managers don’t really care all that much about the technology behind performance management – they just want it to work. They want a system which helps them work effectively, without it being burdensome or overly time-consuming.
On Wednesday 22nd February, I will be joined by Roly Walter and Hedda Bird from 3C Consulting to discuss “Performance Management – surely it’s about people not software?”. Hedda and 3C Consulting are experts on the people side of performance management, helping organisations transform how they manage performance via consulting, training and engagement. We love the idea of exploring this subject with Hedda because she approaches the subject of performance management from a people angle, not a technology angle.
During the webinar, we’ll explore:
- In a tight economic environment where companies have scarce budgets and resources, which should they invest in – soft skills or software?
- How to balance the need to train managers and employees, versus the need to implement the software effectively?
- What leads a company to think they need performance management software – what signs indicate it might be worth the investment?
- How to emphasise the human side of HR technology – how companies can use software to individualise the employee experience
It’s going to be a very real and realistic debate – we know not every company has the budget or desire to introduce a performance management technology solution. Whether you're already fully online or still completely manual we hope to leave you with some useful insights that will make a practical difference to your business. We are keeping it informal and interactive – so please get in touch to tell us what questions you would like us to explore with Hedda. The debate will also be followed by a Q&A where attendees can ask questions to panellists live.
Whilst we have Hedda with us we will be discussing some other issues that feel particularly topical in an economic downturn:
- Tackling underperformance – tips and guidance for managers and HR to tackle three key causes of underperformance: Capability; Work ethic; Working relationships
- Tackling reward and recognition in a downturn – key considerations
Click here to register for the live event, and if you can’t make it, register anyway and we will send you a recording of the session for you to watch.
If you sometimes wonder if you get the full benefit from your current performance management process or think there’s an over-emphasis on software, and an under-emphasis on soft skills, tune in for this lively and active debate. If you think it’s time to put your process online, we will give you some useful food for thought to help take that first step. Whatever your reason for joining, we look forward to seeing you there.